[plug] XandrOS 2.0

Craig Dyke grail at westnet.com.au
Tue Mar 23 22:51:58 WST 2004

Does anyone know whether Acer Travelmates inherently have problems with
Linux?

After seeing some glowing reviews about this distro, I informed a friend who
keeps
saying that he would like to give Linux a go (thinking that this may not
scare him too much)

He has an Acer TravelMate 250 and after putting CD in the splash screen
comes up at which point
I have tried both Enter and some of the other predefined loading options, to
only end up with the
prompt getting to line that says Loading Kernel... and then it just hangs
:((((

Anyone have any thoughts / suggestions?

Craig