[plug] code porting

Bennett, Phillip PBennett at arg.net.au
Wed Mar 24 12:19:51 WST 2004

>Language?

As far as I know, It's C...

>I suppose there's no
>	./configure
>	make all
>	make install
>?? :-(

Nope.  I'm not even seeing any Makefiles...  I'm still VERY new to this, and
I'm looking over the code some more today.  If anyone's interested, let me
know.  I could use all the help I can get. :)

>> Does anyone know who in Perth would do this kind of thing?  That is, if
>> there is anyone in Perth for this type of work.

>> Also, would anyone have a rough estimate of the cost of such a venture?

>How long is a piece of string. :-)

>My guess is; start at $10,000 and work upwards. If it takes 2 weeks
>to figure out how it's supposed to work, then most of the money is
>burned up in that alone.

OK.  The guys that own it were bugeting for around $50,000.  I'm guessing
price is not a problem ;)

>But then; it might be a trivial port; "done" in 8 hours.

I can only HOPE!

>> It's a firly straight forward X based program for logging information and

>X-based? I assume CDE or whatever... but it depends a lot on how
>much it's tied into the desktop environment.

No idea.  I've been told this morning that there are a lot of custom
libraries.

>> printing reciepts of events.  It also runs an ingress database.

>Mkay?! CA should have equivalent libraries.

I'll check it out then. :)

Thanks for the help everyone!

Phil.