[plug] Samba group awarness

Adam Ashley adam_ashley at softhome.net
Thu Mar 25 21:59:05 WST 2004

what you need to do is setup the unix group to window group mappings.
Samba 2 automatically passed them through however in samba 3 you need to
map them properly to windows samba sids and group names. this means you
can properly define the domain administrators and domain users groups
and all that stuff.

what you want is the net groupmap and net group commands. Also check out
Chapter 12. Group Mapping MS Windows and UNIX.

We've been running a samba3 against ldap for auth with everything you
described for about 4 or 5 months now. works well

Adam Ashley