[plug] Debmirror or what?

Rob Davies rob at rjdarts.com
Wed May 12 23:49:54 WST 2004

Evening,

On 12 May 2004, at 10:59 PM, Chris Caston wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at making a local debian mirror so shave many minutes off
> the time it takes me to install new machines.
>
> I just looked at Debmirror and the packages description says that it
> only makes a partial mirror. I remember from a previous discussion on
> this list that is didn't mirror the udebs. Any idea why? And what
> difference is this going to make?
>
> Will it just take what is missing from the main source?
>
> I only want a local mirror of unstable for i386.
>
> What is the best way to achieve my goal?

Tried apt-cacher we run that here through my ftp server locally, it
caches stable to unstable from the many test machines and servers we
instigate from time to time.
Definitely makes installing same distribution a bit quicker the second
time.
HTH

cheers!

Rob Davies
rob at rjdarts.com

"It is the world which makes known to us our belonging to a
subject-communtiy, especially the existence in the world of the
manufactured objects." Sartre.