[plug] 4 port nic pci card

Matt Kemner zombie at penguincare.com.au
Thu May 20 14:26:50 WST 2004

On Thu, 20 May 2004, quoth Chris Caston:

> I just bought a Nway 4 port pci card. It is marketed as a router card.
> It appears to be based on the Tulip chipset and the TP interface
> supports auto MDIX TX/RX swap.

Are you sure it's a real 4-port card, not an ethernet card with built-in
hub? They were real popular a while back.

> The readme file on the driver cd tells you to download the drivers from
> an FTP site at NASA that no longer seems to exist.

That "FTP site at NASA" was the official site for the Linux Ethernet
drives by Donald Becker, which have since moved to
http://www.scyld.com/network.html (although they seem to be reorganising
that atm)

Your linux.txt file doesn't say anything about multiple interfaces (it
only talks about eth0) and since it references the official tulip driver,
I'd say if your tulip driver only detects one interface, your card most
likely only has one real interface.

Try plugging your patch lead into one of the other ports on the card. I
bet it still works as eth1.. :)

 - Matt