[plug] All in 1 motherboards

Milan Pospisil Milan.Pospisil at swantafe.wa.edu.au
Mon May 24 11:53:27 WST 2004

>>>On 05/22/04 11:40am  craig at postnewspapers.com.au wrote:>>>
On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 11:24, Garry wrote:

>> Maybe he meant "G" instead of "M".. Or maybe he already has enough
>> paperweights? 8^)==

>Even so, if you have a 120G disk, why bother connecting an 8G or
>smaller? It's just one more thing to make noise, increase the power draw
>of the system and die.

>One of my housemates used to maintain an astonishing collection of old
>disks; I agreed to loan him the money to buy a 120G on the condition
>that he retire all his old disks. The lounge room is now a much nicer
>place, and the PC in question is also running more stably.

>Craig Ringer

Hi Craig,
              I would have a use for  6G or 8G hard disks. I use a 'caddy'
(removable hard disk tray) and I simply swap the hard drives as per need
and reboot the system. That may not be everybody's cup of tea, but it works
for me as I am a great believer in the KISS rule.
 If anybody has an old hard drive of that or similar size which is not completly
worn out and no use to him, I would buy it form him for a reasonable price.

                                                               Regards
                                                                              Milan Pospisil

PLUG discussion list: plug at plug.linux.org.au
Committee e-mail: committee at plug.linux.org.au