[plug] PPC Linux question

Ville Johansson ville.lindholm at pp3.inet.fi
Thu May 27 09:51:14 WST 2004

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 07:18:54PM +0800, Matthew Prouse wrote:
> Does anyone here have any experience with PPC Mandrakelinux or Yellow
> Dog? What's it like to actually use every day?

I do not have first-hand experience of either of those two, but a friend
of mine did try Yellow Dog Linux on his iBook (the newer one though). As
far as I know it did work quite well out of the box, ie all the hardware
worked alright. But my friend can't tolerate Red Hat-inspired
distributions for too long so he installed Debian after a short while :)
(That's what I'm running at the moment too on my Powerbook G4). Sorry
but that's all the information I have about non-Debian PPC distros ;)

Ville "That Finnish Guy" Johansson