[plug] Software License Evaluation

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Mon May 31 10:58:25 WST 2004

Hi folks,

My code has made it into the big league - in a small way - it's bypassed
the state of "custom solution" and has made it to "application".

I'm having many debates with myself on how I would licence this software
to the end-user. While I use GPL software everyday, I'm also in need of
money to pay the rent; I'm not employed by a "rich patron", who can
afford to pay my bills.

I'm looking for URLs to sites that allow me to evaluate, preferably
side-by-side some of the licensing options open to me.

I realise that this could turn into a debate about the pros and cons of
GPL, which I'm not intending it to be, but this is a free world, so you
can feel free to comment either way :-)

I'm hoping for some leads that speak English not Lawyer.

Cheers,

Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S27°52'30" - E151°16'25" (Millmerran, QLD)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..