[plug] Software License Evaluation

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Mon May 31 20:54:10 WST 2004

Yeah. and maybe.

Theres no doubt theres a definate agenda there. But some of the legal
analysis seems pretty good as far as I can tell (Jeremy M.. chime in here
big fella).

You are imho quite right about the take on sun AND I'll add I was mildly
incensed at some of the , frankly offensive, crap written about Andrew
Tanenbaum (sp?). Seems cos Andy T had some (frankly quite good) criticisms
of linux, say 10 years ago, folks fall over themselves to point out he
doesnt know what his talking about.... ignoring that the guy is a freaking
monument to in-depth computer science (As I suggested, Linus was probably
Andrews most successfull 'student').

But the legal stuff is good. Demystifying is never a bad thing, and PJ's
droogs have done some amazing research.

"Must not Sleep! Must warn others!"
-Aesop.
Shayne O'Neill. Indymedia. Fun.