[plug] SSL VPN

gavan at iinet.net.au gavan at iinet.net.au
Tue Nov 30 17:31:16 WST 2004

I'm currently looking at getting an SSL VPN (or more accurately SSL
application gateway) to allow secure remote access for many users to OWA & the
company intranet (using a single https web address but going to multiple
Exchange 2000 servers & multiple domains via an internal VPN, depending on the
username).  Does anyone know of any linux OSS alternatives that I could use
instead of the expensive black boxes I've been able to find so far?  It would
need to be an existing distro/application, in the Smoothwall or IPCop mould,
rather than just instructions on rolling my own.

This does more or less what I want:
http://www.juniper.net/products/ssl/ra_500.html

This is a review of similar devices:
http://www.nwfusion.com/reviews/2004/0112revmain.html

Please note that setting up multiple IPSec VPNs for home users won't cut it,
as the support requirement would be too large, and the users are too dumb.

Cheers, Gavan Blunt.