[Re: pacific & WAIX (was Re: [plug] Mandrake 10.1 local PLF and Contrib)]

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Sun Oct 17 12:47:31 WST 2004

In message <41713166.400 at westnet.com.au>
on Sat, Oct 16, 2004 at 10:34:14PM +0800, Jim Householder wrote:
> Matt Kemner wrote:
> > It should be free.
> Is it possible they have servers not on WAIX?

The Pacific mirror is certainly not on WAIX, but for quite a while it
has been routed to us via Comindico (which is a WAIX participant) and
hence goodness was to be had. I guess Comindico has basically been
picking up the tab for us. This still appears to be the case, so I don't
know why you were charged. Is it possible, as hinted by the Whirlpool
thread, that there had been a temporary routing change that affected
you. In any case, since Comindico is under administration, who knows
what will become of its services in the future. Maybe we drove it into
the ground with all our WAIX downloads ;-)