[plug] idebus speed

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Sun Oct 17 21:07:36 WST 2004

On 17 Oct 2004 at 10:58, Tim White wrote:

> And now i've found out its a Intel Desktop Board D815EEA. I've got the
> tech specs downloading so I should be able to work stuff out from there
> (I hope)
> Thanks
> Tim

Some info about the Intel AL440LX motherboard

- IDE/ATA33/ATA66/ATA100 Storage Support

1.8.2 Intel 82371AB PCI ISA IDE Xcelerator (PIIX4)
The PIIX4 is a multifunction PCI device implementing the PCI-to-ISA bridge,
PCI IDE functionality, Universal Serial Bus (USB) host/hub function, and
enhanced power management.
The PIIX4 comes in a 324-pin MBGA package that features:
-  Multifunction PCI-to-ISA bridge
-  Support for the PCI bus at 33 MHz
-  Compliance with PCI specification (see Section 6.2 for specification
   information)
-  Full ISA or extended I/O (EIO) bus support
-  USB controller
-  Two USB ports (see Section 6.2 for compliance level)
-  Support for legacy keyboard and mouse
-  Support for UHCI design guide revision 1.1 interface
-  Integrated dual-channel enhanced IDE interface
-  Support for up to four IDE devices
-  PIO Mode 4 transfers at up to 16 MB/sec
-  Support for Ultra DMA/33 synchronous DMA mode transfers up to 33 MB/sec
-  Bus master mode with an 8 x 32-bit buffer for bus master PCI IDE burst
   transfers
-  Enhanced DMA controller
-  Two 8237-based DMA controllers
-  Support for PCI DMA with three PC/PCI channels and distributed DMA
   protocols
-  Fast type-F DMA for reduced PCI bus usage
-  Interrupt controller based on 82C59
-  Support for 15 interrupts
-  Programmable for edge/level sensitivity
-  Power management logic
-  Sleep/resume logic
-  Support for wake-on-modem through Ring Indicator input
-  Real-Time Clock
-  256 byte battery-backed CMOS SRAM
-  Includes date alarm
-  16-bit counters/timers based on 82C54

Regards Arie