[plug] Apache vhost alias_module

James Devenish devenish at guild.uwa.edu.au
Tue Oct 19 17:38:28 WST 2004

Hi,

On Tue, October 19, 2004 5:16 pm, Chris Caston said:
>  187 <Virtual host>
>  188 ServerName localhost
>  189 DocumentRoot /var/www
>  190 </VirtualHost>

Mark is basically correct, but on a hunch I think there is an obvious
problem with line 187 anyway. Even *if* you have all the right modules
loaded, I suspect none will handle the "Virtual" block. Additionally,
line 187 does not balance correctly with line 190. I think it is likely
that they should both say "VirtualHost", whereas line 187 says only
"Virtual". So, repair line 187 by hand so that it reads:

<VirtualHost host>

Then try again (restart, reload, reinstall, whatever), and see if the
error messages are resolved. This does not necessary mean that the
system will do what you want, but it at least cleans up the syntax
error.