[plug] Attempted Intrusions

Craig Foster fostware at westnet.com.au
Thu Oct 21 07:41:44 WST 2004

There's packaged versions of portsentry which will do the same thing
You can choose what ports, how they're blocked (routed, iptables dropped or
rejected, etc), and you can choose the timeout.

Oh, and you can get it to ignore certain hosts (like your e-mail, dns,
*gateway*!) so address faking wont DoS your connection.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sentrytools/

> It strikes me that this is exactly the sort of thing I've
> wanted to do from time to time in the past, but your scheme
> sounds richer than what I came up with. Would you be willing
> to post them?
>
> AfC
> Vancouver
>
> --