[plug] My hacker nighting plans

Harry harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Oct 21 12:57:05 WST 2004

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 09:07:44 +0800 Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au> wrote:

> Harry and Craig will be there to do stuff to the Computer Angels
> distro and I'll probably be suckered into helping with that for a bit,
> too.

I've just read your project. I think we'd better leave you alone to
beaver on doing that!

We have a scratchy list of TODOs for the Computer Angels distro that
I'll try to get into semi-order before tonight. Then we'll probably
be looking at what we can define globally and through skel to get
users automagically good to go with a simple adduser. That way, other
family members or housemates can be added with ease.

A question for PLUGers ..

One consideration is supporting people with literacy problems; new
migrants and some of the people we help who struggle with the written
word. I've been asking around if there is a plug-in for Firefox or a
text-to-speecher from the X clipboard so people can click on a spot
on a web page and listen while they read or cut and paste from the
web page and listen to what they have pasted. We aren't using KDE or
Gnome (XFCE4 and, if I'm allowed, IceWM for a Start button interface)
so any plug-in has to not rely on large lumps of Gnome libraries etc.

Is this something someone uses, has dabbled with, or has heard of
a way to do it ? Alternatively, anyone with a free femtoscond to
code a Firefox plug-in ? ;-)

cu
Harry

--