[plug] ADSL speed

Russ Powers russ at powerstech.com
Tue Oct 26 15:31:55 WST 2004

Hi,

Is there any software to test the actual speed of downloads and uploads on my
adsl link? Or perhaps a website that can do it?

I assume the theoretical speed of the adsl connection is affected by the
application being used and the number of machines between my desktop and the
end destination. For instance my firewall/gateway. But I suppose even a 90MHz
pc with 100Mb ethernet is a lot faster than 512kb adsl. Anybody done any
testing?

Sorry, that question turned into a lot more than I thought it would be. :)

--
Regards,
Russ