[plug] The persistence of off-topic extraneous postings

Milan Pospisil Milan.Pospisil at swantafe.wa.edu.au
Wed Sep 8 14:48:59 WST 2004

>>> bret at busby.net 09/08/04 01:37pm >>>

--
Bret Busby
Armadale

 you'll know what the answer means."
- Deep Thought,
  Chapter 28 of
  "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy:
  A Trilogy In Four Parts",
  written by Douglas Adams,
  published by Pan Books, 1992

Hi Bret,
         I do not see it as spam at all, I see it as a new tool quite useful to some Linux users and definitely Linux friendly. (This is not allways the case with other products)
 The objective of PLUG is to promote Linux and support Linux users.I believe that Gmail can be useful (albeit indirectly) in that general direction.
 Furthermore, the original objective was not to ram it to everybody's throat but a genuine offer to show/provide something new to other members of PLUG. That does not make it a spam. Nor does the fact that someone does not like it.
 I would also like to suggest to excercise caution when it comes to introducing filters on certain topics as soon as someone calls for it; perhaps the PLUG's committee may wish to say something about that.
                                                                                                                      Regards
                                                                                                                                     Milan Pospisil