Firefox from APT (was Re: [plug] Debian/Gnome Global Applications Menu)

Tim White weirdo at tigris.org
Sat Sep 11 07:07:21 WST 2004

Cameron Patrick wrote:

>>its files go there. I am thinking of making a deb for it and installing
>>it properly. I have installed it in /opt (this is where openoffice is as
>>

>Already been done.  See http://packages.debian.org/mozilla-firefox

I didn't realise it was in unstable as I run testing. Is there a way for
me to set it to show unstable versions as well when I search using
apt-cache search. And I how can I get it to install from unstable for
only a few packages. I know I have to change my sources file and then
request the unstable version using apt but I am unsure of how to do it.
I am using ftp.wa.au.debian.org.
Tim