[plug] Re: mail-list vs news

Cameron Patrick cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au
Sat Sep 11 16:48:41 WST 2004

James Devenish wrote:

> I was thinking that NNTP would have to go onto the xbox, because of the
> space limitations on spark and because the server would be unresponsive
> when spark is delivering mail through Mailman. However, I don't have
> root access on the xbox so I haven't looked at its resources or
> proposed any action so far.

(I don't have root on xbox or spark either.  We have NIS set up, so if
you can log into spark you should be able to log into xbox too.)  Xbox
has /home mounted from spark over NFS, and 3.6gb free on /... hmm,
more than I expected.

I was kind of assuming that the mail server and NNTP would have to
live on the same machine.  Is this not the case?

Cameron.