[plug] Dynamic DNS with DHCP - Help Requested.

Nathan Manzi plasma at synaptik.com.au
Tue Sep 14 04:05:41 WST 2004

Hi,

I'm interested in creating a server for a medium scale lan party - 100-200
people. I've set up a DHCP and DNS server on an xbox for the LAN, and want
the DHCP server to be able to add records for each of the DHCP clients, e.g.
Client grabs an IP, it's hostname then gets added to the zone file, and it
is then called client1.lan.

If anyone has done this before, and is willing to send me example config
files, that would be excellent. If anyone knows of a good howto covering how
to do this, that would be just as good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Heaps,
Nathan Manzi