Off-topic posts (was: Re: [plug] [OT] Nit-Picking)

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Sun Sep 19 20:05:20 WST 2004

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 19:16, Cameron Patrick wrote:

> No.  Well, kinda... the stuff on the old PLUG site under FAQ ->
> Mailing List[1] has been rewritten (erm, re-copied-and-pasted) into
> the mailing list page on the new site[2].
>
> Is there another FAQ?  If you can point me at one, I'll put it up on
> the web site.

About four years ago we wrote up a FAQ that covered not just the mailing list
but PLUG in general.  Most of it had been included on the old web site.

Here's what I could find in the archives:

http://mail.plug.linux.org.au/pipermail/plug/2000-September/015520.html

I'm sure there is another (beta) version but ti's not showing up.

> <slashdot>You must be new here.</slashdot>  :-P

*sigh*

If only that were true.

I will note that as I was looking for the FAQ in the archives I noticed a lot
of threads about flamewars and off-topic comments.  Nothing new.

skribe
--
Public key information available at:
http://www.amber.com.au/~skribe/publickey.html

Quality Control, n.:
	The process of testing one out of every 1,000 units coming off
	a production line to make sure that at least one out of 100 works.

Xaraya Content Management Solutions http://www.xaraya.com/