[plug] ATO business portal, testing required

Carl Gherardi cgherardi at iprimus.com.au
Mon Sep 27 21:51:42 WST 2004

On 27/09/2004, at 6:55 PM, Onno Benschop wrote:

> The ATO has been testing their current portal at http://bp.ato.gov.au/
> with Linux. They are running Java 1.4.2_03, Mozilla 1.2.x under RedHat
> 9. After installing the CSI software, they can use the portal with no
> problems.
>
> My machine has Java installed, has the CSI installed, seems to talk to
> the CSI without problems, but nothing happens when I try to login. Java
> fires up - that is, the console window for Java shows, but nothing
> seems
> to load, nor does anything seem to happen.

Are you doing anything funky with nat or proxy?

FWIW, the personal tax software from the ato doesn't work on windows
boxen on our network as we proxy only http on port 80 and https on 81,
and it needed access to at least one other port.

An strace of the program should see whether its getting stuck waiting
for a network response

If that works i'd be trying to find static version of mozilla 1.2 and
see if it works with that

Carl