[plug] ATO business portal, testing required

Kirk Turner kirk.turner at wagoonline.com
Tue Sep 28 09:14:12 WST 2004

On Mon, Sep 27, 2004 at 08:55:05PM +1000, Onno Benschop wrote:
> My machine has Java installed, has the CSI installed, seems to talk to
> the CSI without problems, but nothing happens when I try to login. Java
> fires up - that is, the console window for Java shows, but nothing seems
> to load, nor does anything seem to happen.

I have had some problems with java applets taking a long time to load
(anywhere up to about 10 minutes), and without any reason as far as I
can see (ie next time they will load instantly). Additionally, I've
found firefox doesn't seem to like loading more than one applet - so
usually I have to close firefox and restart it to view another applet.
This might be part of the problem because it loads an applet to check if
csi is installed, and then it might load another one to run the actual
program (I can't tell because I don't have a certificate so I can't
login to get where your at - csi is installed successfully).

One thing to check - more for information, but it might
influence it: Is it using the archive parameter, or cache_archive (have
a look in the html).

My specs:

* Debian Sarge
kirk at gameldar:~/tools/CSI$ uname -a
Linux gameldar 2.6.8.1 #1 SMP Mon Sep 13 12:06:42 WST 2004 i686
GNU/Linux

* Firefox (still running 0.8)
* Java 1.4.2_05

Kirk