[plug] dvd ripping

Adam Hewitt ahewitt at globaldial.com
Thu Sep 30 12:32:53 WST 2004

Hi All,

It has been a while since I used linux on my desktop and I am
concidering going back to a dual boot system (I ran Debian on my desktop
for about 2 years but nuked it when I came back to Perth and people
wanted me to come to their LAN parties).

I recently got a DVD Burner and I have been...um..."backing up" my
DVD's, using DVD Decrypter, Pinnicle InstantCopy 8 (for DVD9 -> DVD5),
PDItoISO, and Nero. Except for one case, this combo has produced
excellent quality backups. My question is what is available nowadays
that can do the above and how does the quality compare? I read quite a
number of reviews which compared the top 6 (?) recoding software before
settling on InstantCopy due to the excellent quality.

Also is there any websites that people can recommend which is like
www.doom9.org but with info for people running linux?

Cheers,

Adam.