[plug] Gimpshop - Good or Bad

Carl Gherardi carl.gherardi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 13:47:30 WST 2005

Hey all,

For those that dont read slashdot
http://plasticbugs.com/index.php?p=241 is hack to gimp to make it look
like photoshop.

I've never really used photoshop, and just crop images using the gimp
so my opinions are probably naive.

The most common complaint about gimp is its user interface for new
users which is "not intuitive"

I assume Adobe has spent the time and research in usability to make
their interface both user friendly and useful to power users. It would
seem to me that making the gimp interface resemble photoshop is a good
thing, the only negative comments being the "open source cant
innovate only clone".

What does gimp do better than photoshop with regards to interface?

Do gimp gurus learn to love the gimp interface, and abhor the photoshop one?

Any other comments?

Carl G