[plug] How do I make Firefox a startup on reboot?

Leon Blackwell leon at lostrealm.com
Sun Apr 17 23:40:52 WST 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 09:13:14PM +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> except that if I shut down my machine with Firefox running, I have to
> restart it from scratch, when I reboot, and login, whereas with
> Galeon, it would restart, and automatically reopen all the tabs and
> pages, I had open. Far nicer behaviour, I thought.

Automatically starting firefox is up to your desktop environment.  Save
your session in Gnome or KDE, and that should happen for you.  Or run it
on login.

As for saving the open things as they were when you last had Firefox
running, try the SessionSaver extension:

    https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=436

While I haven't played with it myself, I believe that it is quite stble
and works nicely.  it should save the current tabs, etc, as you have
them running, even if you manage to crash Firefox.

There are other extensions that sort of do this too, but many of them
try to do too much, and so can cause other "issues".

--
 Leon Blackwell                | You really have nothing better to do
 http://the.lostrealm.com/     | than read this signature?