[plug] How do I make Firefox a startup on reboot?

Alex Nordstrom lx at se.linux.org
Mon Apr 18 00:28:31 WST 2005

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 23:40, Leon Blackwell wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 09:13:14PM +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> > except that if I shut down my machine with Firefox running, I have
> > to restart it from scratch, when I reboot, and login, whereas with
> > Galeon, it would restart, and automatically reopen all the tabs and
> > pages, I had open. Far nicer behaviour, I thought.
>
> Automatically starting firefox is up to your desktop environment.
> Save your session in Gnome or KDE, and that should happen for you.

As I understand it, this requires session support in the application
itself, which Firefox does not appear to have.

> Or run it on login.

That should work. This can be done by placing a symlink to Firefox in
~/.kde/Autostart/ if you are running KDE.

This won't, however, remember whether or not Firefox was running.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/