[plug] Thoggen

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 15:47:11 WST 2005

I'm just starting to look into Thoggen. As I have a nice new AMD64 I
had to compile it from source, and finally I have it working.

2 things, does the preview slow things down? and if so how do i turn it off?

And how do I get theora-mmx[1]? I am using Ubuntu Hoary

Thanks

Tim
[1]
  * Thoggen is SLOW
   The theora encoder is still in alpha stage. Correct working
   and implementation of the specification are more important
   than speed at this stage. As the encoder matures, however,
   performance issues will receive more attention. Experienced
   users may check out the theora-mmx branch of the
   theora library, which gives a speed up of a factor of 3-4.