[plug] Getting Latest Kernel Version over dialup

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:44:48 WST 2005

Being on Dialup I don't really want to start downloading 2.6.11.7 when
I've only just recently downloaded 2.6.10. So is there an easy way to
get upto 2.6.11-7 without downloading the whole thing?
I understand there are patches and rsync, what is the best and how do
I use it? I already have the 2.6.10 sources extracted to
/usr/src/linux-2.6.10 and I use the
O=/usr/src/linux-2.6.10_computername option on all make commands to
keep each computer separate.

>From what I've read I need to do something like 'rsync -avz --delete
rsync://rsync.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/bkcvs
/usr/src/linux-2.6.10' but I'm not exactly sure. Or I download a
number of patches? Which ones?

Thanks

Tim