[plug] Re: Linux trademark license fees?

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Aug 16 13:52:32 WST 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-16 at 13:41 +0800, Mr Shayne wrote:
> Oh good lord. Now there lumping him in with McBride....
>
> Jeremy: IF YOU READ THIS. Get oon the frigging buzzer to any PR management
> company that does "crisis management". Seriously.
>
> I'd also recomend jeremy gets in contact with PJ and explain it to her.
> Maybe if groklaw chimes in on this one with a better explaination that
> could avert the beast that is slashot making any bigger mess of this one.

Lovely isn't it. A guy tries to help out - since that's how everything
seems to me - and gets completely trashed by people jumping to
conclusions.

I wonder how many bothered to contact Jeremy, or read his comments on
zdnet and his weblog, before going ahead with all this?

I thought this was weeks-old and weeks resolved anyway. It's amazing to
see a fuss being kicked up now, when it's already been sorted out.

http://www.malcolm.id.au/?page=news⊂_page=archive&display;=45
http://www.ilaw.com.au/linuxfaq.html

See various comments on planet.linux.org.au too. What's the fuss about?

--
Craig Ringer