[plug] Linux and DVD Audio/AC3

Trevor Phillips trevor.phillips at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:40:58 WST 2005

Has anyone had much experience with multi-channel audio under linux?
I've recently obtained a DVD Video/Audio album, which sounds awesome
on my home theatre system. I'd really like to be able to extract the
DD 5.1 audio to a separate file, for playback on PCs.

Is this easy enough to do? What tools are the best to use to extract?
I suspect mplayer would be able to do it if I juggle options around,
but are there better ways?

What players support AC3 playback under linux, with support for the
5.1 speakers?

Any information or pointers to recommended guides would be
appreciated. Thanks...

--
Trevor Phillips  - http://jurai.murdoch.edu.au/
Web Technical Administrator  -  IT Services, Murdoch University