[plug] Linux and DVD Audio/AC3

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 17 21:43:54 WST 2005

I'm usually the (in)famously zealous guy for this, but t obe honest, I don't
have any albums on DVD audio! As for normal DVDs though, that I know a bit
about... :) MPlayer's probably the go for extracting, yeah, but use a
frontend. MPlayer comes in two parts, mplayer and mencoder, both have
frontends. Go to mplayerhq.hu and have a look around at the listed
frontends, and a google probably wouldn't hurt either.

For easy media palyback, xine is your best choice, with great audio setup
options too. If you look in the links section of these project pages, there
are lots of smaller, dedicated-niche programs for these kinds of tasks.
Probably worth having a look around the libac3 docs as well. :)

Cheers!
anarchist tomato

"...it was brilliant, there was three up against a thousand, and boy, did we
give those three heaps!"