[plug] gentoo progress

WolfBite wolfbite_aus at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 18 05:55:04 WST 2005

make sure you have updated your configs (this is where most problems come from)

handy tool to help with updating gentoo configs cfg-update

emerge cfg-update
search forum for explination

I say again MOST problems stem from NOT updating the gentoo configs

William Kenworthy <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
With gentoo you must be in the "wheel" group to su. Gives control over
who can and cant su from a common user group. I thought most distros
did this? (seem to remember Mandrake did anyway)

By the way, dont play with PAM like some of the others are suggesting.
Its a horrible, nasty piece of gear thats responsible for some weird and
wonderful faults that will drive you bananas to faultfind and fix. I
think pam at the moment is pretty bug free, so I'd reccomend letting
sleeping Dogs (with a capital "D") lie. Hmmm, its beginning to sound
like my last alligator style wrestling session with PAM didnt go so
well ...

BillK

--
William Kenworthy