[plug] Tail file on linux box from windows

Rod bwarff at obsidian.com.au
Fri Aug 19 14:24:40 WST 2005

theres not much a pretty gui can do tho is there ?

many people are not aware that ssh isnt just for connecting to remote
hosts, you can execute a command on it, and get the results back
.. i think putty (the windows free ssh client) can do it too.

eg:
  "ssh remote.host.com tail -f /var/log/messages"

will result in the remote.host.com:/var/log/messages getting tail'd
locally.