[plug] Online music services and Linux?

Alex Nordstrom lx at se.linux.org
Mon Aug 22 16:49:50 WST 2005

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 13:46, Gregory Orange wrote:
> There is a difference however, between breaking a stupid law, and
> theft of someone's work. Sure, on the technicality of 'fair use'
> rules it is debatable (and generally agreed that it's ok). However if
> it aint yours and you come to possess it without permission, it is
> theft.

Let's not aid the music distribution establishment's disingenuous
efforts to confuse copyright infringement with theft (the act of
stealing). They are two completely distinguished areas of law that are
very easy to tell apart.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_act/ca1968133/
http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/consol_act/cc94/s371.html

--