[plug] Online music services and Linux?

Alex Nordstrom lx at se.linux.org
Tue Aug 23 12:32:45 WST 2005

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:08, simon wrote:
> ditto. It amazes me how liberal some people are with violating other
> people's rights (after all, they have the right to distribute their
> music or whatever in any way they wish - if you dont like the terms,
> dont buy it). However, their stories change when it comes to the GPL
> and OSS (which must be afforded every protection under the law and
> anyone who violates the license is pure evil).

I have to admit I find it strange in more than one way to compare
subjective impressions of the reactions of some hypothetical,
homogeneous GPL collective to personal-use copyright infringements
vis-a-vis what usually amounts to taking credit for the work of others
for commercial profit.

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/