[plug] Source Mage - I'm not having fun yet...

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Sun Aug 28 03:11:47 WST 2005

On Sat, 2005-08-27 at 22:56 +0800, Jim Householder wrote:
> I've tried 3 times now to install Source Mage and have yet to get a
> usable system.

You're not the first person I've had say that.

It seems like a bit of an odd distro to be honest. If you really feel
the need to compile everything yourself, perhaps Gentoo is a bit more
likely to be widely tested and used? (note: I'm not a partisan here, as
I'm not a fan of any source-based distro I've yet met).

*ducks resulting distro war*

--
Craig Ringer