[plug] Source Mage - I'm not having fun yet...

Craig Dyke grail at westnet.com.au
Tue Aug 30 23:02:55 WST 2005

Jim

Glad to see you have made some progress.

I am curious, are you on dialup or cable?
(just that two hours seems like a long time for emacs)

Have you checked all the correct information is recorded for your card?
Look in /etc/sysconfig/net and there should be two devices listed, one
for looping (lo)
and the other for net card (eth0).

I have also gone to the point of setting the IP statically at first to
confirm
that I have a working card (of course this won't work if no card is
available).

You could also check that your kernel config has the necessary driver
for your card.

Chin up :) I found using this distro to be very rewarding both as a
distro and a learning tool
for Linux in general

Craig