[plug] R52 - ACPI - 18586MM

Onno Benschop onno at itmaze.com.au
Wed Aug 31 15:55:56 WST 2005

Timothy White wrote:

> This is something I've also had a problem with on my computer. I think
>
>it's a bug in MySQL or something, it doesn't support the sleep state
>properly or something. I believe a fix is to stop it with a
>'pre-sleep' script and start it with a 'post-sleep' script.
>If you do solve this one, please let me know, although I don't sleep
>my AMD64 anymore.

All hail to the conquering hero.

Well, /etc/init.d/mysql stop fixed all my sleep woes...

>Hibernate was fairly easy. In the kernel config I set my default
>resume partition to the swap partition. Then stopped mysql, and
>hibernated (by echo S5 or something into /proc/power or somethine),
>then started it up and watch it resume fine, restarted MySQL. I only
>played with it but found it really easy.

Yeah, this isn't working yet.

But hey, I got the sleep light to blink while it's going into sleep:

    echo "7 blink" > /proc/acpi/ibm/led

So, I'm a little closer to laptop bliss.

Now for the other 26 things...

--
Onno Benschop

Connected via Optus B3 at S34°45'36.5" - E139°00'08.7" (Mount Pleasant, SA)
--
()/)/)()        ..ASCII for Onno..
|>>?            ..EBCDIC for Onno..
--- -. -. ---   ..Morse for Onno..