[plug] Slackware Mail Server

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Sat Dec 10 20:33:37 WST 2005

I've personally used Sendmail, qmail and Postfix.

I dislike Sendmail due to it's very non-logical (IMHO) way of being
configured for various scenarios.  It can do a lot of things.. but I
tend to think of it as being a fair bit too bloated and cumbersome.  I
have also used qmail, and whilst its alright, I don't use it anymore and
switched away from it to Postfix a few years ago.

I actively use Postfix now and like the logical way it handles mail.
Basically there isn't much you can't do with it, and it interfaces very
easily with quite a number of pieces of software for email filtering.
It can be used for very high mail throughput environments without issue,
and runs fine.

/ Ben