[plug] more info on the modem i have got

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Wed Dec 21 23:28:23 WST 2005

David wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> here is more info.  This page will confirm whether your NB5 Modem
> Router will require a hardware upgrade or whether the upgrade can be
> achieved simply by an ADSL2+ firmware installation. Please complete
> the form below.
>
> IMPORTANT: Please ensure that you complete all details correctly as an
> automated reference number and shipping details will be drawn from the
> details entered. Not completing this correctly will result in
> non-processing of your request or mis-shipment of your NB5 back to
> you. NetComm accepts no responsibility for incorrect information entered.
>
> This information will be used for the purpose of this upgrade only and
> will not be used for any other purpose, nor will it be shared with any
> third party.
>
> A new generation of ADSL communications technology called ADSL2+ will
> be more commonly available in Australia in the coming months.
>
> If you currently own a NetComm NB5 ADSL/ADSL2/2+ Modem Router and you
> wish to take advantage of the higher data transmission speeds offered
> by ADSL-2+, your ISP must offer an ADSL2+ service. Please consult your
> ISP for further details.

I don't think this relates to the problem you are having or I suspect
Concept would have told you about a firmware upgrade for your modem.

This only happens if you are trying to use ADSL2 and I don't think that
is the type of connection you have.

Either way, you said it is connecting now, so the modem is fine.  I
think we need to change some settings on your PC.

Look our for other replies from me and/or the PLUG list.

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX
jonathan at pcphix.com