[plug] rp-pppoe config help

Russell Steicke r.steicke at bom.gov.au
Fri Dec 30 12:50:04 WST 2005

On Fri, Dec 30, 2005 at 02:15:46PM +1000, collin at xorotude.com wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am going to try to setup my ADSL in bridge mode this weekend, using
> rp-pppoe on a slackware 10.2 box. I wish to host my own domain and
> therefore would like to not have to deal with NAT.

"Dealing with" NAT isn't a real problem.  If you leave your ADSL box
in router mode, you can port forward the required ports inside to the
slackware box.  You may only need a short list: possibly only a subset
of www, https, ssh and smtp.

--
Russell Steicke

-- Fortune says:
Karl's version of Parkinson's Law:  Work expands to exceed the time alloted it.