[plug] getting glx graphics working

Mike Holland myk.list at westnet.com.au
Mon Feb 7 17:55:39 WST 2005

Carl Gherardi wrote:

>>Modify the XF86Config-4 file to uncomment the "Load glx" line save the file.

Yes, I'm running Madrake and have suffered from the phantom hand
over-riding my edits.
At the top of the file you'll see "File generated by XFdrake."
Try running XFdrake.

And also, don't beat your head on a wall by re-editing the file every
time. After editing, save a copy that you can copy back if needed.

>>I can not understand what is happening.Unlees something is detecting that
>>I dont have the software to allow glx to run.

Do you? Nvidia?

> Hmm... does Mandrake 10 still use that file? Its been xorg.conf for a
> while for me.

Yes, Mandrake 10 uses XFree86 4.3