[plug] Dell vs HP for Linux desktop

Ben Jensz plug at jensz.id.au
Mon Feb 14 11:51:49 WST 2005

Hello all,

We're coming up to our desktop computer renewal at work (leased
computers), and I'm looking at a choice between Dell or HP desktop
computers to run a Linux desktop on (not touching whitebox PCs again).
Has anyone used either of these systems with Linux (or even Windows) and
had any issues or comments about compatibility and even reliability?

I'm going to base the desktop on Fedora with Gnome, using Evolution and
OpenOffice with NIS for distributed authentication and NFS for home
directories.  Anyone have any suggestions, comments or gotchas to look
out for doing this?

TIA :)

/ Ben