[plug] Modprobe question

Adam Davin bladebadger at westnet.com.au
Wed Feb 16 10:39:50 WST 2005

Good Morning all,

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 10:17:42 +0800
Mike Holland <myk.list at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> >the>>>"modprobe advansys" command after booting.
> >automagically?

<snip>

Googling for fedora /etc/modules
Second link down (well was when I did the search)

http://fcp.homelinux.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=9148&forum=10&post_id=35825

has some useful information towards the bottom:
<excerpt>
    On Sun, 2005-02-06 at 18:47 +0800, Robert Storey wrote:
    Quote:

        Just a quick question. I'm used to Debian where modules are
loaded from        /etc/modules, but I don't see such a file in Fedora.
Does anyone happen        to know what the Fedora equivalent is called?

    There isn't one. Fedora generally auto-detects hardware and loads
the    applicable module(s). Is there something you're having a problem
with?

It also uses /etc/modprobe.conf
</excerpt>

I also use debian, so unfortunately I am unable to verify the
information. However it would seem that you need to use
/etc/modprobe.conf

Hope this helps,

Regards,

--