[plug] Fwd: Linux User Conference in WA?

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Thu Feb 24 06:04:18 WST 2005

On Wed, Feb 23, 2005 at 11:10:07PM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> Apache is needed for configuring CUPS, so, once again, Apache
> should be included for workstations

Ermm, no it's not.

> As I have mentioned on the Linux Australia (LA) list, the issue of
> timing would neeed to be considered, and I would be inclined to favour
> January, as, as mentioned on the LA list, the timing of past Australian
> Linux conferences being held in January, allowed the attendance of
> tertiary students, being before the commencement of the academic year,
> and, allowed for the use of university accommodation for conference
> attendees, again, being before the commencement of the academic year.

AIUI, this event will probably get (handwave) 90% of its attendees
from Perth, and 99% from within WA... Accomodation isn't a big deal
for a 2-day conference of this sort. If we're aiming even slightly
at the educational area, anywhere but the summer break is IMHO
better for grabbing people's attention.

Bernard.

--
 Bernard Blackham <bernard at blackham dot com dot au>