[plug] Fwd: Linux User Conference in WA?

Quintin Lette qlette at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 06:22:08 WST 2005

IMO we also don't want to get too technical, or it will put off the
target audience.

Yes things like firewalling are important, but if you do a
presentation on firewalling with iptables the target audience aren't
going to be very likely to attend it, or worse still will attend and
get the opinion "Linux is too hard". In a general introductory session
on installation, or protecting your pc, something along the lines of
using your distro's firewall might be handy though.