[plug] RFC: Installing CSI - ATO Business Portal now working under Linux

Carl Gherardi carl.gherardi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 15:28:43 WST 2005

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 18:40:45 +1100, Onno Benschop <onno at itmaze.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 11:53, Leon Brooks wrote:
> > On Saturday 25 December 2004 07:37, Onno Benschop wrote:
> > > I finally got it to work, here is the draft version. Please comment
> > > when you've recovered from the eggnog and other festivities.
> >
> > >     http://itmaze.com.au/articles/ato/
> >
> > Did it ever worry you that you should spend xmas morning making a tax
> > program work? (-:
>
> Damn, I knew I forgot something :-)

Congratulations Onno. Persistance does pay off sometimes :)

I have no need to use the software, but here are a couple of comments
on the instructions.

+ Install Java: /usr/local/ is only writable by root on every system
i've used, so id suggest that section all needs to be run as root.
+ Install CSI: mount is a privileged operation, so needs to be run as root

You are copying the files to the ext dir of the java installation -
have you tried using $JAVAPATH or $PATH (or possibly JAVA_HOME or
JAVA_EXT) to get the external libraries. It looks to me like those
libraries could be run from the users home directory.

Anyhow - Congrats again.

Carl G