[plug] exim 3 -> exim 4 update

Shayne O'Neill shayne at guild.murdoch.edu.au
Tue Jan 4 15:41:01 WST 2005

Hey all. 2 of the servers I admin run exim 3. Its an otherwise fantastic
little MTA and I've basically got it worked out.

However it doesnt 'do' spamassassin or virus checkers in any simple way I
can discern.

Now the servers both run mailman installs also, lots of mailboxes, some
accessed thru imap, some thru pop, some thu pine and some thru webmail via
imap.

Mailboxes DO occasionally seem to end up in various odd places (home
directories OR mail directories) and I've never quite worked the pattern
out, nor do I really care, because it just works.

However I'd like to upgrade to exim 4 to get those 'nice' features I
really need.

Any suggestions on how easy this is likely to be. Is it a complete horror?
Should I consider something else?

The guild server has perhaps 80 mailboxes, so having to tweak settings for
each user is really out of the question.

--
"Well, I think if you say you're going to do something and don't do
it, that's trustworthiness."