[plug] Two questions, 1 USB and 2 Advansys SCSI controller

Chris Griffin griffinster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 21:09:40 WST 2005

Greetings and Happy New Year to all,

I am running Fedore Core 3 on one of my systems and find that support
for my advansys SCSI controller no longer happens automagically. I
believe it has been left out?
Can someone please give me a quick rundown on what I must do to "make it so"?

I also decided to connect my iPaq (yes running that evil mini OS) via
the USB port. It shows up in the syslog as follows:

Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: usb 1-1: new full speed USB device
using address 3
Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: ipaq 1-1:1.0: PocketPC PDA converter detected
Jan  3 21:50:31 fedora-tst kernel: usb 1-1: PocketPC PDA converter now
attached to ttyUSB0

I have been trying to work out what it is I can do now to access it,
could anyone please give me some pointers on where to look from here?

Many thanks in advance for the sensible and polite answers.

Chris Griffin.